Mr. Kringle’s Stocking

As soon as I saw this pattern, I knew I had to have (and make) it!

Project Details

PATTERN: Mr. Kringle’s Stocking by DROPS Design

NEEDLES: 2.5mm and 3.5mm
GAUGE: No idea

MATERIALS: 

  • 2 balls (200m) Drops Karisma (48 Wine Red)
  • 1.6 balls (160m) Drops Karisma (19 White)

STARTED: 25th April, 2018
FINISHED: 27th November, 2019

April 2018:

Drops patterns are confusing, with rows muddled up together. I’m trying to decipher it and write it down as I go, but I’m really still a beginner so I’m not sure if I’m getting it right…

The {K2TOG, YO} picot stitch is a total pain in the butt while also upsizing needles; my hands are killing me.

Finished chart A1 on 28/04/2018. So far so good!

9th December 2018:

I put this in hibernation while I worked on my Christmas presents, but now I have no knitting WIPs to work on so this is back out. I’m about halfway through Chart A2 for the second time.

I think I’ll run out of yarn before I finish this, but I’m not in any hurry to get it done.

14th December 2018:

I finished the second round of Chart A2.

2nd January 2019:

I’m halfway into the heel and finding, once I figured out what was going on, that this version is easier than the last heel I tried. (Assuming I’ve actually figured it out correctly, lol.)

As I’ve found before, Drops patterns are hard to decipher. I had to frog the heel because I missed the bit where you change to the contrasting colour and back again, but at least it looks better the second time around.

24th November 2019:

Taken out of hibernation again. It took a minute to figure out where the heck I was but good to go!

27th November 2019:

So. This is finished. Wow. I’m not even sure how that happened. One second, I still had the whole foot to do and the next… O_O

Well, I still have to attach a loop. I’m thinking ribbon, although I suppose it depends what’s in my stash. (I need to remember to use the tiny needles too, or the ribbon is ruined…)

I used the same decrease pattern and the three-needle bind-off technique I learned from the Totoro Mittens rather than the Kitchener bind-off that the pattern suggested. (Bit brain foggy by then, I didn’t want to have to learn a new technique.)

Thoughts

I’m really just so pleased with how this turned out. It looks great. And you can tell I learned better floating as I went (especially after the mittens).

I'd love to know what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.