I had some yarn left over from my nephew’s Dinosaur Blanket set, and what better to do with it than to make some fingerless mitts for my friend who has a January birthday and lives in Boston in the ol’ US of A?
And some hats. But that’s another story.
NEEDLES: 4mm DPNs
GAUGE: 22×32 (10cm)
- 25g (75m) Robin DK (027 Silver, dye lot 27)
- 25g (75m) Robin DK (016 Apple, dye lot 14)
STARTED: November 1st, 2019
FINISHED: November 11th, 2019
- I’m worried they’re too tight at the cast-off edge (I used normal bind-off). We shall see! They might be too small altogether.
- (Definitely too tight at the cuff for me, but not for my carer, so hopefully they’ll be okay for the intended recipient.)
- Just have to weave in the ends now!
I obviously didn’t write extensive notes about this project, but — besides being unable to figure out how to make the vertical striped ribbing work and deciding to stick with horizontal stripes instead — this one was an easy enough pattern to follow (as far as I can remember, anyway). I wasn’t sure how much yarn a pair of fingerless mitts would take, and I kind of wish I’d done them a little larger, but they fit the recipient and he’s happy with them, which is all that really matters.