This week, I’m going to show you how to create and attach an entire gallery of them!
What is a gallery?
A gallery in Liquid Story Binder is exactly what it sounds like: a collection of images, curated by you, for use in your LSB binder.
In short, galleries allow you to attach more than one image to a dossier, but they are more than just that.
Think of them as vision or inspiration boards. You can use them alone to inspire the kind of vibe you’re aiming for in a story, or you can also attach them to other files (particularly dossiers) to help visualise a character, setting, or anything else you might use LSB for.
Creating a gallery
- Click on the “File” menu in your dossier window.
- Click “Gallery”.
- If a gallery doesn’t already exist with the dossier’s name, you’ll be asked to create one. Click “yes”.
- You’ll be presented with an empty window.
- To add items to your gallery, click on the tiny little square that says “New Image” when you hover over it.
- Use CTRL to select multiple images from the panel that pops up.
- Click “Make Selection!!”
- Save the resulting gallery by pressing F12.
The gallery should now appear in your dossier and any other files with the same name. (You may need to close and reopen said files for the changes to complete.)
Clicking on any of the gallery’s thumbnails while inside a dossier will make it the dossier’s main image.